Catawba Presbytery 2016 Spring Highlights
The following occurred at the meeting of Catawba Presbytery held at the Effingham ARP Church, Effingham, SC:
- Removed the name of student Martin Cramer from the rolls effective March 8, 2016
- Received Jeremiah A. Thomas as a licentiate from Tennessee Alabama Presbytery effective March 8, 2016.
- Granted retirement to Denny H. Hieber effective November 1, 2015.
- Approved the organization of the Hill City Mission as a Church on April 3, 2016. The service will be conducted by a Commission of the Presbytery
- Approved the call from Hill City for Daniel F. Wells to begin April 3, 2016. He will also be installed that same day.
- Approved the call from Grace Church for Jeremiah A. Thomas as associate at Grace Church. He will be ordained and installed at a Called Meeting of Presbytery on April 10, 2016.
- Received James C. Robbins as a student of theology. James is a Middler at RTS-Charlotte and a member of the Ebenezer Church.
- Received Charles J. Phillips as a student of theology. Charlie is a Middler at RTS-Charlotte and a member of Shem Creek Church.
- Received Andrew K. Arrington as a Chaplain. Drew is received as a Chaplain effective March 8, 2016 from the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Received the Presbytery and Synod reports from all 49 congregations and approved forwarding the information to General Synod.
- Heard the Middler Sermon of James C. Robbins
- Elected Alan J. Broyles as Moderator to begin serving July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017.
- Elected L. Charles Hammond as Vice Moderator/Moderator-elect. His terms as Moderator will be July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018.
- Alan A. Morrow presided as Moderator for this meeting