- Formed a committee to study the redrawing of Presbytery line.
- Dissolved the pastoral relationship between Rev. Dr. Barry Eller and the Mint
Hill Church, effective May 13; and approved Dr. Eller’s retirement.
- Dissolved the pastoral relationship between Rev. Paul Mulner and the Covenant of Grace Church, Winston-Salem, NC, effective May 2; pending congregational approval. Mr. Mulner plans to go into secular work.
- Approved the call to the Rev. Morrie Lawing to the Christ Church, Denver, NC.
- Approved the ordination and installation of Mark Brooks as a military chaplain in the U.S. Navy.
- Removed Thomas Henderson from the roll of Students of Theology.
- Received a letter from the session of the Progressive Church, asking the Minister and His Work Committee to work with the Provisional Session of Progressive Church in determining the status of Progressive Church.
- Heard addresses from Moderator of Synod Steve Suits; Rev. Frank van Dalen,
executive director of World Witness; and Laura Navarro, president of First
- Approved Hope Chapel, Greensboro, as a church and recommended the call of Todd Jones as minister.
- Heard Shane Floyd had resigned as minister of Emmanuel Church in Wilmington, NC, effective January 31.
- Dissolved the Grace of the Lord Korean Mission, Cary, NC.
- Heard plans for the redevelopment of Durham Mission, formerly Fuller Memorial
- The summer meeting will be at Pinecrest Church, June 11 at 10 a.m.