Notes from the meeting of Catawba Presbytery at the Centennial Church, Columbia, SC on March 13, 2012:
- Heard a message from Andrew K. Putnam, Moderator of Synod and member of Catawba Presbytery
- Approved a new mission work in Rock Hill, SC to begin on April 1, 2012 and to be called Hill City Church, Associate Reformed Presbyterian.
- Approved a call for Andrew R. Stager to be developer for the Hill City Mission to begin April 1, 2012
- Approved Ruling Elders Alan Broyles from the Tirzah Church and Cole McKinney from First Rock Hill to serve as Provisional Session members for Hill City Mission
- Approved a call from the Board of World Witness for George Paul Robelot to be a Cooperative Missionary for World Witness as a Church Planter and Member Care Coordinator to the Evangelical Alliance Mission in Europe beginning June 7, 2012. Paul will be ordained at a Called Meeting of Presbytery at a time to be set.
- Received four candidates under care of Presbytery:
- Soren L. Kornegay, a member at First Columbia and a student at Covenant Seminary who expects to graduate in 2013.
- James P. Eish, a member at First Columbia and a graduate of Columbia International Seminary
- Brooks D. Willet, a member at First Columbia and a student at Erskine Seminary who expects to graduate in 2013
- Thomas L. Wilson, Jr., a member at First Lancaster and a Junior at RTS-Charlotte.
- Elected J. Barry Dagenhart to serve as Vice Moderator/Moderator-elect. Barry will begin his term as Moderator on July 1, 2013. Michael Evans will serve as Moderator beginning July 1, 2012.
Guy H. Smith, D.D.