on May 28, 2014 in News
- Recognized retiring Moderator Steve Kern for his excellent leadership.
- Heard a challenging presentation from Mr. Kern on leadership.
- Welcomed newly elected Moderator Tanner Cline.
- Elected Mr. Charles Wilson as Vice-Moderator. Heard a presentation by Vice-President and Dean of Erskine Theological Seminary, Dr. Jim Meek.
- Had an evangelism training session given by former PEF Evangelist Mickey Rice. The Church Extension committee made a presentation on strategic planning. Removed from the roll Stephane Cobbert who is now a member of Metro Atlanta Presbytery of the PCA.
- Heard an update on the status of the students under care resulting in students being removed from the roll. Fred Hope, Scott Cook, Heath Coker and David Cathcarth have moved their membership to other denominations. Ben DeSpain requested to be removed. Stuart Moore, Ben Stone and Carey Whitman are no longer pursuing ministry.
- Approved proceeding with becoming incorporated by the state of South Carolina. Will appoint a committee to make recom- mendations on the possible restructuring of Presbytery standing committees. Approved the transfer of Neely Gaston and Robert Ackerman to Catawba Presbytery. The vote on the revised Form of Government those for 53; those against 6; those abstain 1.
About the Author